Friday, October 21, 2011

Payton Elizabeth's Birth Story

I have a feeling that the feelings for your niece are a little different when it is your younger sister that had her and everyone will be living at home together.  It's kind of like we all get to be her Mama a tiny bit.  We will get to see her every day and the attachment will be so strong, so quickly.  Oh wait, it already is.  I am absolutely amazed at the amount of love and concern that I have for this little nine pound ball of sweetness.  It is insane.  The very best kind of insane.

Because Ally (leeeetle sister of mine) is experiencing all things new mommy right now and probably won't have time to do this for awhile, I want to document the day Payton arrived because I was there, not to mention that I was also there every day of sisters pregnancy and attended doctors appointments.  I'm an awesome sister/aunt like that. I know.

We thought little...err...big Miss Payton would be making her arrival two weeks ago.  We were all ready at the hospital, the contractions were coming on strong, the nurse called up the doctor and gave him the word, everything was ready to happen and then she didn't dilate from a 2.5 to 3.  To say we were disappointed is a bit of an understatement, but we all knew that Payton was going to be just like her Mama, which meant she would take her dear sweet time or not come at all until forced :)

Fast forward two weeks. C-section scheduled for Wednesday, October 19, 2011. 10:00 A.M.

We all (Mom, Dad, Ally, Zack and I) wake up on Wednesday morning at 6 o'clock to get ready for the big day! Showers are to be had and bags are to be put in the car.  Mom has mandated that we leave no later than 7:30 A.M. as you can not be late for your own baby to be delivered, but, in true Ally-fashion we leave at 7:45 A.M. because she wanted to clip her fingernails so that she wouldn't scratch the baby. Ah, the last minute-ness.

We arrive to the hospital around 8:10 A.M. and make our way up to the Labor and Delivery Ward.  They are expecting Ally and they take us right into the "get-ready" room.  This is where she had to put on her gown, have her IV put in, have her blood drawn and have the baby's heart rate monitored.  We are in this room until 9:15 A.M. while Ally is filling out paperwork and nurses are busy, busy, busy preparing.  The c-section was not set to begin until 10:00 A.M. but everyone was ready early, so Daddy got suited up, pictures were taken and then they were off to the OR.

Now, only Zack (a.k.a Daddy) was allowed to go back with her for the c-section so the next part is all via Daddy and Ally's account.

Once getting into the O.R. Ally was immediately given the spinal and then laid down and the nurses began setting up.  We had requested that Zack take several pictures and he did not let us down in the least!  Payton was "delivered" at 9:56 A.M. weighing 9 pounds 6.2 ounces and 20.5 inches in length.  She was sewed up and in recovery by 10:20 A.M., which is when we got to see them.  While wheeling Ally to recovery Zack was able to run out and give us the camera with the pictures so we could see her.  Poppy, Nanny, Auntie Lib and Nana we're bawling their eyes out looking at the pictures and sweet videos.  That moment will never be forgotten.  At 10:30 A.M. Nanny and Nana saw Payton for the first time.  At 10:45 A.M. I got to.  Needless to say, I was a blubbering mess, my goodness, is she a doll or what!

I've got to get me one of these :)

At 12:00 P.M. Mama and baby were moved into a regular room and we've only left them when forced out of the door!  They will be coming home on Saturday, we all can't wait!

You are so loved Payton Elizabeth.  Your Mama is amazing, your Daddy is amazing, you are amazing.  I am so proud of my sister.

{linking up with My Chaos My Bliss for Photo Story Friday}

No comments:

Post a Comment